Easterseals Massachusetts Military & Veteran programs strives to ensure that members of our military and Veteran community adjust back into our communities after their service. We created MassVeteran.com as a resource for Veterans to find information on various benefits, connect to resources in Massachusetts, register for activities and events, and explore other ways to get involved.
Current activities include:
- Warrior Wellness: A twice-a-week adaptive fitness class for Veterans of all ages and abilities. Participants report improvements in strength, flexibility, endurance, and balance, and, they have fun being challenged as part of a group.
- World’s Best Veterans Coffee Hour: Perhaps the most well-attended Veteran’s coffee hour in Massachusetts, this event offers new topics each month where subject matter experts tell participants about their relevant programs and services, and answer questions.
- BC4T Veterans Food Pantry & More: Provides free food and hygiene products to current military, Veterans, Gold Star family members, and widows/widowers. Primarily used by seniors living on a fixed income and parents of young children, it feels more like a community meeting place than a food pantry!
- Peer Activity Group: Monthly Peer activity groups vary in range and location and require active participation. These often challenge individuals to work independently to build confidence, community, and resilience. Activity examples include hikes, paint nights, obstacle courses, and more.
- Women’s Veteran Club: This volunteer-run Peer Activity Group is restricted solely to women with current or prior service. This allows a safe space to share and exchange information specific to women.
- New! Project Comeback: Sponsored by MassVeteran.com, a program of Easterseals Massachusetts, Project Comeback is one of our newest offerings. This structured 6-week program brings rescued horses and Veterans together to find healing. Through classroom instruction, direct observation, and one-on-one interaction, Veterans are educated on basic horse psychology, communication, anatomy, and herd dynamics. Each Veteran is provided with a history of prior trauma that each horse is working through and the actions needed to assist in their readjustment into a herd.
Click to Visit MassVeteran.com
Connect with our Military & Veterans team @eastersealsveterans on Facebook and Instagram, where you will find photos and frequent program updates.