Our Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) Program provides comprehensive evaluation and consultation services to children and adults who are non-speaking or otherwise having difficulty using speech as their primary means of communication. Our services are community-based and provided on-site at locations such as schools, day programs, and group homes where Easter Seals staff will work with clients, families, school staff, and other caregivers to create personalized solutions for even the most complex communication needs.
Service Delivery Options:
Easterseals provides both remote and in-person services for students with Augmentative Communication and Assistive Technology needs. Depending on the situation, we can work with your students through three different service delivery models: remotely, on-site at the school, or even in their private homes if appropriate and acceptable to the family and district.
We can also provide services through a hybrid model, for example, combining in-person visits with remote consultations. You may not be aware that Easterseals also serves adult clients in addition to children, and providing services in the private homes of our adult clients is something we do on a regular basis. Each situation seems to be different, and Easterseals is happy to work with you to address the needs of your district and your students on an individual basis. We are here to help!
Please contact Assistant Director of Assistive Technology, Kristi Peak-Oliveira at email@example.com, if you have any questions.
AAC evaluation, consultation, and treatment services include:
- Determining the most appropriate AAC approaches, devices, and apps
- Utilizing high and low technology to improve comprehension, organization, and behavior via visual supports, schedules, and organizational apps
- Integrating communication devices and apps into the classroom curriculum and your students’ IEPs
- Coordination with other Easter Seals specialists including staff from Assistive Technology, Transition, and Vocational services are available and determined on a case by case basis
- Multifaceted support that includes identification of the appropriate communication solution, a plan to implement the solution, and an assessment process to ensure continued success
Assistive Technology Loan Programs
People with and without disabilities and their families can see, touch, learn, and borrow assistive technology devices to make more informed decisions regarding the technology that will meet their needs. Click for more.
For more information contact us at ATIntakes@eastersealsma.org or call (508) 471-1400.