"Your life and mine shall be valued not by what we take...but by what we give."
- Edgar Allen, Easterseals Founder
Volunteers are critical to meet our mission to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work, and play. Volunteer your time and share your talents, whether it's volunteering at an event, camp, or Equestrian Center, becoming a board member, or helping in another way. Join us to make a rewarding difference in your community!
Equestrian Center Volunteers
Volunteers ensure the animals are well-kept and enrich the barn community through consistent, reliable service. The Equestrian Center offers a robust volunteer training program to ensure that all community members share the same approach and techniques when working with and around our animals and participants.
The Equestrian Center is actively recruiting volunteers for the following roles:
- Animal assistants work directly with staff to care for the equines and keep their environment safe and clean. They also groom and prepare horses for lessons as needed.
- Leaders have recent, considerable horse-handling experience, and are responsible for the safety and well-being of the animal during lessons.
- Sidewalkers have recent, considerable horse-handling experience and provide physical and emotional support to the rider as needed during lessons.
- Horsemanship helpers assist participants in unmounted activities such as grooming, observing the animals, and completing arts and crafts.
All prospective volunteers must:
- Be over the age of 16 and able to work independently.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete mandatory ESMA Equestrian Center Volunteer training.
- Submit approval for a background check (CORI).
- Commit to volunteering at least 4x/month for at least 2 hours/session.
Regional Board Members and Other Volunteer Opportunities
As listed on VolunteerMatch: