Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
Easterseals' Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) are offered to students with disabilities between the ages of 14–21 (up to their 22nd birthday) enrolled in the various high school and/or post-secondary education/certificate training programs in the Springfield and Worcester areas. Students will gain valuable employment and transition skills that will assist them in their journey to adulthood.
The five components of our services are:
- Job Exploration Counseling: Seminars or workshops on careers and required skills, career ladders, and interest inventory
- Self-Advocacy and Mentoring: Peer mentoring, development of individual advocacy skills, and rights and responsibilities
- Workplace Readiness Training: Development of transferable work skills that may include resume writing, interview skills, and professionalism
- Counseling on Post-Secondary Education or Training Programs: Counseling and guidance about options upon exiting high school that may include academic or vocational programs
- Work-Based Learning Experiences: Opportunities to job shadow, complete informational interviews, volunteer opportunities, and paid internships
Other topics include internet safety, handling disclosure on the job, financial management, and benefit transitioning. Students may choose the components in which they would like to participate. Component topics are offered seasonally.
Students are referred to Pre-ETS by their schools or the local Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC).
For more information please contact Kelly Penrod, Pre-Employment Manager and Job Developer, at 508-751-6387, or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have completed referral paperwork, please email it to Kelly.
Job Development & Placement Success Stories
Read success stories about how we've helped people with disabilities gain the skills and tools they need to succeed in the workplace!