AUGMENTED AND ALTERNATIVE COMMUNICATION SERVICES
The Easterseals Massachusetts Augmentative Communication (AAC) Program provides comprehensive evaluation and consultation services to children and adults who are non-speaking or otherwise having difficulty using their speech for communication.
Our services are community-based and provided on-site at locations such as schools, day programs and group homes where Easter Seals staff will work with clients, families, school staff and other caregivers to create personalized solutions for even the most complex communication needs.
AAC evaluation, consultation and treatment services include:
- Determining the most appropriate AAC approaches, devices and apps
- Utilizing high and low technology to improve comprehension, organization and behavior via visual supports, schedules and organizational apps
- Integrating communication devices and apps into the classroom curriculum and your students’ IEPs
- Coordination with other Easter Seals specialists including staff from Assistive Technology, Transition, and Vocational services are available and determined on a case by case basis
- A multifaceted support that includes identification of the appropriate communication solution, a plan to implement the solution and an assessment process to ensure continued success
Easter Seals MA has options to meet your needs:
- Onsite consultation for individual students, classroom management and professional development
- Flexible evaluation packages to meet a variety of needs
- Comprehensive AAC Assessment with a written report
If you would like to schedule a student for an AAC assessment, please complete one of the following:
AAC Intake Form in PDF Format
AAC Intake form in Word format
This program provides access to low interest cash loans for the purchase of assistive devices and services to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities with disabilities as well as assistance with obtaining AT devices. Click for more.
People with and without disabilities and their families can see, touch, learn and borrow assistive technology devices to make more informed decisions regarding the technology that will meet their needs. Click for more.
For more information contact Easterseals MA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-244-2756