We view each student as a unique individual as we identify solutions for even the most complex communication needs.
Easter Seals Massachusetts Augmentative Communication (AAC) Specialists work with individuals with congenital or acquired disabilities who have difficulty using speech for communication. We can provide help for students who are non-speaking, as well as students who are verbal but require supplemental aids or strategies.
AAC evaluation, consultation and treatment services include:
- Determining the most appropriate AAC approaches, devices and apps
- Utilizing high and low technology to improve comprehension, organization and behavior via visual supports, schedules and organizational apps
- Integrating communication devices and apps into the classroom curriculum and your students’ IEPs
- Selecting and organizing vocabulary to support improvement of language and interaction skills for people using AAC Coordination with other Easter Seals professionals including OT/PT/SLP, Transition, AT and vocational services
- Multifaceted support that includes identification of the appropriate communication solution, a plan to implement the solution and an assessment process to ensure continued success
Easter Seals MA has options to meet your needs:
- Onsite consultation for individual students, classroom management and professional development
- Flexible evaluation packages to meet a variety of needs
- Comprehensive AAC Assessment with a written report
If you would like to schedule a student for an AAC assessment, please complete one of the following:
AAC Intake Form in PDF Format
AAC Intake form in Word format
For more information contact Easter Seals MA at AT@eastersealsma.org or call 800-244-2756