WorkFirst Employment Services
WorkFirst is a division of Easterseals dedicated to providing one-on-one, customized services for people with disabilities interested in entering, or re-entering the workforce.
WorkFirst discovers each person's unique talents, interests, goals and abilities, supporting each job seeker to find work that is meaningful, productive, financially rewarding and life affirming. WorkFirst helps people build robust lives through increased economic self-sufficiency.
Easterseals WorkFirst is CARF accredited. CARF is an independent nonprofit focused on advancing the quality of health and human services. CARF accredits organizations worldwide so that people can better identify organizations offering high-quality services, such as Easterseals Southern California.
Guiding Principles of WorkFirst:
- Competence is presumed
- Everyone has something to contribute to the workforce
- Businesses thrive when staff reflect the diversity of our communities
- Matching employee skills with employer needs is the foundation of our economy
Workfirst also provides employment support for veterans with or without a disability through the Bob Hope Veteran's Support Program.
Job Seeker Services
Customized Employment is a service that pairs each job seeker--typically referred by local Regional Centers and the Department of Rehabilitation--with a vocational specialist who supports him or her in securing work that meets their ideal employment conditions. This process includes:
- Discovering the job seeker's unique talents, strengths, skills and interests.
- Developing customized work opportunities through job negotiation, job carving, worksite analysis, and other job accommodations as needed.
- Providing on-the-job support as needed to master job skills and tasks.
- Accessing resources that provide guidance for social service benefits and business planning for resource ownership.
Direct Placement is a service that supports job seekers--typically referred by the Department of Rehabilitation--in securing work that meets their career goals by:
- Establishing individualized objectives for employment.
- Working on interview skills, resume building, and benefits planning.
- Identifying job openings which are a good match for the jobseeker.
- Offering support to identify (modify) barriers or other needed accommodations.
NextPath is a 1-to-1 customized service that supports individuals--typically referred by the Department of Rehabilitation--who have committed non-violent offenses in obtaining jobs by:
- Establishing goals and objectives for employment.
- Providing resume development, job search techniques, interview preparation, and retention support.
- Building self-esteem
On The Job Support
To assure a smooth transition into the employment setting for the the employee and employer, Easterseals WorkFirst will provide intermittent on-the-job support as needed for jobs we develop.
Additional Service Details:
Schedule: WorkFirst Associates have flexible schedules, generally working Monday – Friday during typical business hours, but have flexibility to work evenings and weekends. This is determined by the type of job and work schedule desired and needed by the individuals we serve.
Setting: Services are provided within the local business communities of the individuals we support.
Funding and Referral Sources: WorkFirst currently works with the California Department of Rehabilitation and the following Regional Centers:
- Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
- Harbor Regional Center
- Inland Regional Center
- Orange County Regional Center
- San Diego Regional Center
- South Central Los Angeles Regional Center
- Westside Regional Center
Fees: Typically services are funded through the agencies listed above, and there is no fee to the individual
Service Providers: All services are provided directly, however referrals to outside agencies, or generic community resources are provided as needed.
Are you a businesses interested in hiring? Learn more about what Easterseals employment services can do for your business.
For more information about WorkFirst or Bob Hope Veterans Support Services call us or submit a form.
WorkFirst Employment Services or Bob Hope Veterans Support Program, menu option 3