People know what is essential and meaningful in their own lives. Person-Centered Culture and Practices and Self-Determination empower people to actively direct their own days, goals, planning and services.
Person Centered Services champion personal preferences, interests and needs. With this approach, people are supported and encouraged to lead their planning process and make choices about what and with whom they would like to learn, do and be part of.
Purchase Manual • Trainings • Resources • Share Your Story • Contact Us
What is Person-Centered Culture?
Person-centered culture is comprised of values and practices that empower people to pursue life endeavors of importance to them. Where the person directs their days and their future, including how, where, and with whom they spend their time.
Person-centered culture change requires a complete change, or transformation, of service delivery. Person-centered practices are what we do and how we do it and the extent to which we empower people to design their supports and experiences. Culture change comes about by adopting and embracing person-centered practices
Person-Centered Culture and Practices© Manual
Person-Centered Culture and Practices© (PCCP) is a turn-key training and implementation manual that provides step-by-step ‘how to’ for adult day services (ADS) to embark upon person-centered culture change that:
- Provides in-depth content in key areas impacting success of person-centered culture change.
- Is founded in evidence-based and evidence-informed models and practices.
- Uses a consultative, collaborative approach to guide service providers through training and implementation.
- Is designed for center-based and community-integrated adult day programs primarily supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
What is included in the PCCP Manual?
- 7-phase implementation guide
- Whole-Service Assessment
- Training Topics
- Module 1: The First Step: Taking a Look at Our Own Attitudes and Behavior
- Module 2: Listening to and Valuing People’s Choices
- Module 3: Self-Direction in Daily Experiences, Planning and Goal Setting
- Module 4: Creating Experiences, Not Just Activities
- Module 5: Opportunities to Expand Interests
- Module 6: Empowerment and Advocacy; Ensuring Rights and Freedoms
- Training PowerPoint (Modules 1-6)
- Supplementary forms, handouts and worksheets
Purchase Person-Centered Culture and Practices Manual
Easterseals Southern California continuously strives to fulfill our purpose through Person-Centered Culture and Practices. People and their preferences are not simply considerations when planning their days, their personal goals, and their services. The people who receive services will be empowered to drive all decisions about those services and how they choose to spend their time with us.
Council for Quality and Leadership https://www.c-q-l.org/
Disability is Natural https://www.disabilityisnatural.com/
Person-Centered Care in Practice https://www.attainmentcompany.com/person-centered-care-practice-tools-transformation
Universal Lifestiles http://www.universallifestiles.com/pomeranz.html
Person-Centered Active Support http://www.activesupportresource.net.au/
The Learning Community for Person-Centered Practices https://tlcpcp.com/
For more information, contact us.