Parent Training and Education
Onsite Parent Training - Two Week Program
Onsite Parent Training is not just about teaching your child new skills, but about teaching your entire family how to best understand your child and how to support their needs. Our two-week onsite program integrates group instruction, individual sessions, and guided observation. This program is designed to help parents become acquainted with our training methods, learn how to plan activities for their child, resolve problem behaviors, and how to choose and use appropriate techniques to address various situations. Under the coaching and direction of our Autism Training Specialist, parents attend daily workshops and conduct therapy sessions with their own child. When not in session, children participate in fun, creative activities to further their skills and help them reach their goals.
Autism Training Specialists use Applied Behavior Analysis techniques to help parents learn:
- How to manage your child's most challenging behaviors
- How to tailor daily therapeutic activities so your child develops and reaches their goals
- How to effectively communicate with your child every day
- How to manage the stress that autism puts on your family
What Can I Expect?
Expect to set and reach goals you never dreamed possible! Our two-week, personalized course is a lot of hard work, but it is worth it. Daily, you will participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Attending workshops on topics such as Understanding Autism, Defining Target Behavior, Positive Interactions, Reinforcement, and so much more
- Participating in therapeutic, hands-on sessions with your child
- Taking "before and after" measurements of your child's improvement
- Working with an Autism Training Specialist to evaluate and improve your interactions with your child
- Watching your child grow and change in significant and exciting ways
In-Home Parent Training
Offered in St. Louis, Kansas City, Southeast, and Central regions.
Easterseals Midwest offers In-Home Parent Training for any age person with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Our staff provides issue-specific behavior training for parents or caregivers utilizing various training workshops and therapy sessions in the natural home environment. Learn how to resolve problem behaviors and receive coaching and mentoring from staff.
Foundations of Autism: An Introductory Workshop
Offered in St. Louis, Kansas City, Southeast, Southwest, and Central regions.
This workshop is available to immediate family, extended family, and friends who serve as natural supports to individuals with autism. The workshop includes a basic knowledge of autism, as well as additional workshops regarding strategies to help support an individual with autism.