Statement on Upcoming Events (3/16/2020)
Easterseals Midwest highly values the well-being and health of our community. We have been tracking the COVID-19 (coronavirus) issues and putting in place recommended policies to protect the health and safety of the individuals we support and the staff that support them.
We hold that same commitment to our amazing volunteers and friends. With that and out of an abundance of caution, in consultation with our volunteer board leadership, and careful evaluation of recent governmental recommendations from Governor Parsons and the Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC), we have decided to postpone our in-person events throughout April. Those events include:
- Sunrise Autism Seminar: Originally scheduled for March 18, 2020
- Autism Friendly Family Night: Originally scheduled for March 26, 2020
- Firehouse 5K for Autism: Originally scheduled for April 4, 2020
- Young Professionals Trivia Night: Originally scheduled for April 4, 2020
- Blue Light Ball: Originally scheduled for April 17, 2020
- Bowling for Autism: Originally scheduled for April 25, 2020
- Topeka Kansas Autism Conference: Originally scheduled for April 27, 2020
The spread of the virus and its potential impact on the community is not something we can underestimate; we feel at this time this is the only responsible course of action.
Each of these events is critical in helping support people with developmental disabilities to live, learn, work, and play in our shared community. We know all of you are having to make similar decisions in your life and work, and as many of our closest donors and friends, we hope you understand.
We truly appreciate your ongoing partnership with Easterseals. Please stay tuned as we work with our volunteer committees to reschedule these events. In the interim, our team will reach out to everyone within the next week or so to ask if you prefer to leave your donation/ticket purchase with us or if you wish to have your gift refunded. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly.
Though we will miss the opportunity to see you, we look forward to continuing to work with you toward advancing the positive impact Easterseals has on our community through our life-changing programs and services.
With much gratitude,
Chief Development Officer