COVID-19 Training Update (3/17/2020)
Effective Wednesday, March 18, the Training department will be modifying training requirements temporarily. These changes will include minimizing classroom sizes and suspending some trainings that the organization agreed could be postponed until the current request for social distancing has subsided. Although classroom trainings will be smaller, we will continue to provide more offerings based on program needs. The department will continue to evaluate training functions weekly to ensure that everyone is still receiving their required training to meet funder guidelines.
Team members that are on leave due to expired training requirements for NEO Day 2, IDD, or Behavior Supports can now return to work until training modifications have ended. Additionally, all postponed trainings will be required by staff to complete once the organization resumes to normal business operations.
Due to all the changes listed below, we have decided to temporarily turn the LMS system off for staff and managers to enroll in training – please send all training registrations to Training@esmw.org. Anyone currently enrolled in trainings will remain in them unless you have heard from the training department directly that there are changes.
Below is an outline of current changes:
New Employee Training
- NEO Day 1 – minimize class size to 10 participants
- NEO Day 2 – postponed
- CPR/FA – minimize class size to 6 participants
- Mandt Day 1 – minimize class size to 10 participants
- Mandt Day 2 (physical skills) – minimize class size to 6 participants and only required for staff that work with individuals that require physical/behavioral supports. Physical skills will be postponed for those not required to have immediately.
- Advanced Mandt – minimize class size to 6 participants
- Level 1 Med Aide - minimize class size to 10 participants
- Behavior Supports – postponed
- IDD – postponed
Current Employee Trainings
- Annual Recertification - minimize class size to 10 participants and CPR/FA skills testing will be minimized to 6 participants. *Online options available upon request to the Training Department (CPR/FA skills testing will still be required on-site)
- Mandt Recertification– minimize class size to 6 participants and only required for staff that work with individuals that require physical/behavioral supports. Physical skills will be postponed for those not required to have immediately.
- Advanced Mandt recertification – minimize class to 6 participants
- Med Recertification – minimize class size to 10 participants
- Behavior Supports – postponed
- IDD - postponed
Leadership and Manager Orientation Trainings - postponed until further notice.
Jennifer Wray, Training Manager, will be sending out updated schedules and further communication for staff currently enrolled in training.
As always, the QOL department is available to support requests and questions. For a timely response, please ensure that you are sending emails to Training@esmw.org.
The Quality Department will be following procedures to limit the number of staff located in the Easterseals offices. We will have a rotating schedule of covering the office and will be available via Skype, email, and phone.
If you have questions for the Quality Department, please email me directly or Mollie Mattingly.
Director of Quality and Organizational Learning