COVID-19 Update (2/28/2020)
It is understandable that recent news reports on the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in other countries and more recently the U.S. can be very alarming and cause concern. I’d like to take a moment to reiterate previous information sent out about the flu recently. This same information will help to protect you, your families, and those around you.
In case you haven’t heard, there have been reports of a new virus strand circulating known as coronavirus. Coronavirus carries common symptoms similar to the flu and include fever, couch, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. There are currently no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Missouri. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) has established a website, which also links to information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), for those seeking more information about this new coronavirus.
We urge you to continue the practice of maintaining healthy behaviors which include, but are not limited to:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Cover nose and mouth with a sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick;
- Stay home from school and work when you are sick;
- Contact your doctor or visit an approved Urgent Care as soon as possible if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
We will continue to monitor this and provide information as it is appropriate. Please remember during this time to be the voice for those that may not be able to do it for themselves. If any of those supported are displaying symptoms, please report it.
If you have any questions please let us know.
Risk Management Specialist, Administration