COVID-19 Travel Policy Update (7/1/2020)
The health and safety of our staff and the individuals we serve is of the utmost importance, and we want to have procedures in place to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone here at Easterseals. Travel and time-off requests have increased over the last several weeks, and we’ve decided to take a few additional steps to ensure that staff are safely returning to the workplace.
Beginning immediately all staff returning to work after personal travel must:
- Fill out a Travel Questionnaire before returning to work. The questionnaire should be filled out and submitted 24 hours prior to the staff’s return. Here is the link to the required questionnaire: ESMW Travel Questionnaire
- If an employee forgets to fill out the Travel Questionnaire, we have added travel questions to the daily screening forms that staff are currently filling out before they start their shift
- If a staff forgets to submit the questionnaire 24 hours in advance, the staff will need to go back outside of the home, office building, and/or work site and contact their supervisor for the link to the questionnaire.
- If any answers on the questionnaire indicate that the employee is at an elevated risk of exposure they will be required to quarantine from work for 14 days.
- The staff’s management team will be notified if/when they are cleared to return to work or provide additional instructions if they’re unable to return.
Travel reminders from previous communications:
- While on vacation staff should follow the guidelines of wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
- If an employee traveled to a higher exposure location as identified by the CDC and/or state and local health department or was in a situation where they were unable to practice the safety precautions listed above, they need to consult with their management team and Darryl Kimble (Darryl.Kimble@esmw.org) before returning to work.
- After personal travel, if deemed necessary for the safety of the individuals we support, an employee may be required to quarantine up to 14 days after a potential exposure.
- If an employee returning from PTO is required to quarantine as outlined above, the quarantine period will go unpaid if the employee does not have paid time off available.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Human Resources Director