COVID-19 Strategy Update (1/10/2022)
A Message from our CEO, Wendy Sullivan
As we have shared, the Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) published an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) requiring employers with 100 or more staff to ensure each of their workers is fully vaccinated or tests for COVID-19 at least weekly.
As a result, most U.S. employers are impacted by this requirement, including retail, convenience, grocery stores, delivery services, and healthcare workers like Easterseals.
The ETS is currently under legal review, and a portion was argued before the Supreme Court last week requesting the court pause the standard while lower courts rule on whether or not the policy can go into effect. As of this writing, we continue to await both the lower court ruling and the ruling of the Supreme Court.
Today, January 10, 2022, marks a portion of the policy’s requirements, which includes sharing with you our policy should the standard remain in place. Of course, we will keep you posted on any changes to our strategy. In the meantime, the following key facts related to Easterseals Midwest COVID-19 policy will go into effect on February 9, 2022, should no change take place in the courts.
· We WILL consider staff fully vaccinated after the two-shot regiment or one-shot in the case of Johnson & Johnson.
· We WILL allow weekly COVID-19 testing for those not fully vaccinated as an option, additional details, and requirements to follow. This policy is subject to change.
I want to encourage you to get vaccinated. The vaccine is safe, FDA approved, and is highly effective at preventing you from becoming very sick with COVID-19. If you need the vaccine, text your zip code to 438829 to find a location near you.
Please take a few moments to review the following resources as it relates to the ETS:
· Easterseals Midwest COVID-19 Policy in response to OSHA ETS
· Key Things to Know About COVID 19 Vaccines
· Workers' Rights under the COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard
· Information about criminal penalties for knowingly supplying false statements or documentation
We will continue to keep you updated.
As always, thank you for your commitment to those we support.
Chief Executive Officer