Connect & Protect (9/8/21)
Welcome to this week’s edition of Easterseals Midwest’s Connect & Protect.
Here at Easterseals, we’re committed to sharing trusted information about COVID-19 vaccines. Each and every day, you are leading the way to full equity, inclusion, and access through life-changing disability and community services, so helping you to stay healthy is our top priority. Below is a reminder of the safety protocols we’re currently asking of each of you:
- Social distance and wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including a mask, at all times while at work.
- Stay home when sick, no matter the severity. Cold, Flu, stomach ache - if you do not feel well, do not come to work.
- Complete the travel questionnaire 24 hours before resuming work after travel.
- Be diligent in handwashing and disinfecting surfaces.
- Complete the health screenings, including temperature checks when arriving at work, onsite, or visiting someone’s home.
- Submit your vaccination status to HR using the ADP App by September 30, 2021.
At Easterseals, we are a strong advocate for COVID vaccination. Getting vaccinated is a much safer way to build protection than getting the disease. COVID-19 can have serious, long-term, or life-threatening complications, and there is no way to know how COVID-19 will affect you. And if you get infected, you could spread the disease to friends, family, and others around you.
Whether you have been vaccinated or not, please remember that all staff must provide the Human Resources Department with their current vaccination status by completing a survey on the ADP app and uploading their vaccination card if they are vaccinated. This must be completed by September 30, 2021. This information will be kept in a confidential location separate from any employment records, only specific designated staff will have access to this information.
You can read some of the frequently asked questions we have received from your coworkers about the vaccine and reporting your vaccination status by clicking here.
If you still need access to the vaccine, text your zip code to 438829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This Week's Deep Dive Readings:
- The Atlantic | The plan to stop every respiratory virus at once
- USA TODAY | Only 1 in 5 People Say They Won’t Get Vaccinated
- CNN | COVID-19 Vaccine: What Parents Need to Know
Why I Got Vaccinated: Daniel Lewis | Community Services Specialist | Kansas City
“I got vaccinated because it’s safer for individuals and for the staff, especially those that could not get vaccinated themselves.”
Remember, if you need access to the vaccine, text your zip code to 438829 or email email@example.com for assistance.
As always, thank you for all you do.