For individuals 18 and older who are not ready for employment, we offer daytime training and support Monday through Friday. We focus on developing independence, social skills, and self-advocacy with the purpose of moving program participants towards community employment or volunteerism.
To learn more about our programs at Easterseals Midwest,
please contact us at 1-800-200-2119 or email@example.com.
Our goal is for each individual to begin job exploration within two years of starting the program. Our staff works with each person to find a job that fits their skills, abilities, and interests.
To this end, we provide training in the following areas:
• Communication skills
• Positive behavior
• Daily living skills
• Following directions
• Focusing and completing tasks
• Small motor skill development
• Assistive technology
• Computer Skills
• Appropriate interactions/getting along with supervisors and/or co-workers
• Social skills
• Problem solving skills
• Community and work safety
• Resume and portfolio development
• Interviewing skills
• Workplace attire, hygiene, and self-care
• Focus and completion of tasks
For the individuals we support, we strive to ensure that:
• Individuals are hired directly by businesses and earn a competitive wage
• Each person's abilities are maximized to contribute to their communities
• Communities grow to understand and accept people with disabilities
• Participants are taught workplace skills
• Participants not seeking a job are contributing to their communities through volunteerism
What regions offer Employment Services?
This program is available in the following regions:
For a full list of our offices, please visit our Locations page.