Ability Awareness and Inclusion Partnerships
Our mission is to equip individuals with disabilities, including autism, to learn, live, work, and participate in their community. We are excited to offer businesses this opportunity to partner with us in making a difference in our community. Together, we're changing the way the world defines and views disability.
Workforce Diversity and Inclusion - To Your Advantage
Organizations with a diverse workforce typically attract and retain quality employees and increase customer loyalty. Becoming a partner with Easterseals Midwest through Ability Awareness and Inclusion Partnerships offers your business the opportunity to build a high-performing workforce that represents the abilities of all workers, to achieve your diversity goals, and to make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities.
Are you interested in being a voice for workers with disabilities? Please fill out our online form or print out a copy of the form and mail it to us. We will be glad to meet with you and discuss how your business can make a positive difference in the community. Forms can be mailed to our main office: 11933 Westline Industrial Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146-3203.
Questions? Please contact us at 1-800-200-2119 or email@example.com.
Benefits to Partnering with Easterseals Midwest
By partnering with Easterseals, your business can:
- Gain access to a diverse, pre-qualified talent pool
- Experience improved performance and retention in typically high-turnover, entry-level positions*
- Produce long-term changes in your business culture by creating an inclusive work environment that welcomes workers of all abilities
- Make a difference in the community
*Employees with disabilities stay in their positions an average of 50% longer than employees without disabilities.
The Ability Awareness and Inclusion Roundtable is made up of business representatives from the greater St. Louis area who share our passion for our mission. They are committed to applying their resources to achieve positive outcomes for the individuals we support.
Through the Roundtable, You Can...
- Be a voice for people with disabilities by educating other employers in your network about the advantages of hiring a diverse workforce
- Expand your network by meeting with likeminded professionals who share your commitment to workplace inclusion and ability awareness
- Work towards creating a welcoming, inclusive community
- Be connected with our pool of diverse, pre-qualified talent
How Roundtable Members Meet and Network
Roundtable members meet for lunch or breakfast on a quarterly basis with Easterseals representatives. During these meetings, business representatives have occasions to learn about the abilities and skills of specific qualified job candidates in our programs. These representatives use their network and resources to assist us in finding internship and employment opportunities for the individuals we train and support.
"When businesses identify the strengths of employees with disabilities,
then put them in jobs that match their skills, those employees turn out to be faithful,
low-turnover, hard-working employees."
- Teresa Tanner
Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resource Officer