Home Visiting Services offer a range of resources for families, including certified parent educators who visit homes to provide additional support. Home Visiting Services also include developmental screenings for children, service recommendations, and FREE support for families with young children with and without disabilities — from birth to 36 months old. Families also have the opportunity to meet other families and children through playgroups and events.
This program offers:
- Regular visits in your home or via Skype or Zoom to help you learn about your child's development and provide ideas for activities to stimulation your child's learning
- Books and diapers/wipes monthly
- Developmentally-appropriate toys and other items quarterly
- Information to help you cope with the stress of being a parent and how to respond to your child's developmental needs in a nurturing way
- Developmental screenings for your child
- Opportunities to meet and interact with other families through playgroups and events in your area
What regions offer Home Visiting?
This program is available in the following counties: Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Caldwell, Carroll, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Daviess, Dekalb, Gentry, Holt, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Nodaway, Platte, Saline, Worth, Ray, and Livingston counties.
Click here to view our service area on a map.
How to qualify for Home Visiting Services:
- Have a child prenatal to 36 months old
- Meet the income requirements (similar to WIC Program)
- Reside in one of the counties (listed above) where Home Visiting Services are offered