Careers at Easterseals
At Easterseals DC MD VA, we know that creating a hopeful, inclusive community where all people realize their potential and live meaningful lives can be done only when we value our greatest asset – our staff. More than 200 employees at locations across the greater Washington, DC area, from Hagerstown, Maryland, to Falls Church, Virginia, are the reason why our organization is leading the way to 100% equity, inclusion, and access for people with disabilities, families, and communities.
If you want to do well while doing good, Easterseals DC MD VA may be the place for you.
What makes Easterseals DC MD VA a great place to work?
We’re flexible. With positions both full time and part time, we offer work schedules that meet a variety of employee needs.
We’re committed to equity. Since its founding over 100 years ago, Easterseals has focused on inclusion of marginalized communities. Today, that commitment to equity continues, as seen not only through our programs, but also through our staff and leadership.
We offer competitive compensation. We recognize that staff cannot concentrate on serving others if they are worried about their own financial security. In addition to providing service anniversary bonuses, we are committed to paying appropriate and competitive wages.
We believe in wellness. We offer benefit plans that not only reward our eligible employees for their hard work, but also offer them and their families comprehensive, affordable health and wellness protection. See more about our benefits, below.
Easterseals’ current benefits program is better than peers overall in terms of benefits levels, breadth of benefits offered, and cost to employees, according to a recent benchmarking analysis.
We recognize high-achieving employees. Easterseals DC MD VA maintains a robust program to reward employees who contribute to our mission, including the Employee Recognition Program and the Easterseals Leadership Award, which includes a $1,000 prize.
We want our employees to grow. Easterseals provides access to a variety of no- and low-cost training programs for our staff to help them build their careers with us. We also offer bonuses and promotions upon completion of certificate and degree programs related to the employee’s field.
- Insurance: Easterseals provides a highly affordable medical insurance program with better-than-average benefits for both single employees and couples and families. Additional options include dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- Paid Time Off: Easterseals encourages employees to take time away from work to recharge themselves! We offer a generous allotment of paid time off (PTO), which increases after an employee has been with us for three, five, and nine years.
- Holidays: To enable our employees to celebrate holidays throughout the year, Easterseals closes its facilities for approximately 10 days each year.
- Retirement Plan: Easterseals recognizes the importance of saving toward retirement and has established a 403(b) plan that allows eligible employees to use tax-deferred money to save for their future, in addition to matching contributions by Easterseals.
- Additional Support: Through an arrangement with LifeCare, Easterseals offers its employees access to confidential and professional assistance when facing a personal, family, or workplace challenge. This service also allows employees to access money-saving discounts on a variety of products and services.
Interested in joining us?
Explore Current Opportunities to see our open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.