Easterseals Homeless Veterans Reintegration Programs help homeless veterans or veterans at risk of homelessness reintegrate into the labor force. Our services prepare clients for long-term employment and address complex transitional needs. Clients are also enrolled in local support services in the community. We are with our clients every step of the way, including follow ups after employment is secured.
Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP):
HVRP serves homeless veterans with employment and supportive services to address the more complex needs they often face. HVRP also connects incarcerated veterans with appropriate employment and life skills support as they transition from correctional facilities into the community.
Homeless Female Veterans and Veterans with Families Program (HFVVWF):
HFVVWF serves homeless female veterans and their families with sustainable employment and family assistance. This program is designed specifically to support women with expedited reintegration into the workforce.
- Job training
- Placement services, including job readiness, literacy, and skills training
- Assistance with Veterans Administration benefits
- Supportive services related to health issues, housing, and transportation
Case managers work with clients to create an Individualized Employment Plan (IEP). The IEP details employment goals, strategies, and outcomes so that the veterans we serve can successfully reintegrate into the labor force and community.
- Washington, DC
- Maryland Counties: Anne Arundel, Baltimore and City of Baltimore, Calvert, Cecil, Charles, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, and St. Mary's
- Virginia Counties: Alexandria and City of Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William
To qualify for the program, a veteran must meet the following criteria:
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Proof of veteran status (i.e., DD214 member form 4)
- Received any type of discharge other than dishonorable
*If you are a veteran and do not qualify for HVRP, please contact Easterseals Veteran Staffing Network.
For additional information about HVRP and HFVVWF, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Homeless Veterans Reintegration Programs