Homeless Veterans Reintegration Programs
Easterseals Homeless Veterans Reintegration Programs (HVRP) help homeless veterans build a foundation for finding and keeping long-term employment.
- Job training
- Counseling and placement services
- Assistance with Veterans Administration benefits, health issues, and housing
Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP):
Ensures that homeless veterans receive the support and services they need to address the more complex needs they often face. HVRP also connects incarcerated veterans with appropriate employment and life skills support as they transition from correctional facilities into the community.
Homeless Female Veterans and Veterans with Families Program (HFVVWF):
Provides supportive services to eligible female veterans who are at risk of becoming homeless.
- Washington, DC
- Maryland Counties: Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore, Calvert, Cecil, Harford, Howard, Prince George's, Montgomery, and St. Mary's
- Virginia Counties: Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William
To qualify for the program, a veteran must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a homeless veteran or at-risk of homelessness
- Have proof of veteran status (i.e. DD214 member form 4)
- Must have received any type of discharge status other than honorable
The goal of the Veteran Employment Services it to enroll eligible and interested veterans in local support services in the community, so that they have the opportunity for job search assistance, counseling, vocational guidance and training. These programs will help veterans to develop skills for specific employment, eliminate barriers to employment and assist veterans with Veterans Affairs benefits and issues.
Those enrolled in the program will work with case managers to create their Individualized Employment Plan (IEP). The IEP details their employment goals, strategies, and outcomes in order to most effectively find employment that fits each veteran.
For additional information, please contact: email@example.com