Easterseals Child Development Center – Silver Spring
The Safeway, Inc. Child Development Center in The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Inter-Generational Center
1420 Spring Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Hours of Operation: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm; year-round: Monday-Friday
Ages Served: Infants, Toddlers, Preschool, Pre-kindergarten, School-Age (5-8 years old)
The Child Development Center in Silver Spring has been serving children and their families for over a decade. This inclusive, intergenerational early care and education center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and provides exceptional services for children with and without disabilities and their families.
Our inclusion model creates an environment in which each child is able to receive the individual support they need in the same classroom as their typically developing peers. The center also can assist parents in early identification and intervention to address developmental concerns during the critical first five years of life in order to provide the most effective care and most positive outcomes possible for each child.
Description of Services
- Evidence-based curriculum that is developmentally, culturally, and linguistically relevant for the unique experiences of the children we serve
- Multisensory environment that promotes developmental and educational concepts, through the kinetic, visual, and auditory senses, encouraging hands-on and individualized learning
- Supportive environment for therapy services for children with disabilities
- Bi-annual Parent Teacher Conferences and Parent Involvement Activities
- Make the First Five Count Assessment – Ages and Stages Questionnaire
- Enrichment programs, including music, soccer, and other opportunities to encourage developmentally appropriate learning through play
- STEM Laboratory promotes critical thinking skills and boosts creativity through opportunities for collaborative experimentation
- A nutritious food program
- An active Parent Participation Group
- An interactive Intergenerational Program, including activities with the seniors of the Easterseals Adult Day Medical Center
- Credentialed and professional teachers and administrative staff who are committed to providing a welcoming, caring, safe, and healthy environment
The Easterseals Child Development Center prepares children for kindergarten success and enthusiasm for lifelong learning. We welcome your child to come learn with us!