Easterseals Child Development Center – DC
The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Child Development Center
2800 13th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, year-round: Monday-Friday
Ages Served: Infants, Toddlers, Preschool, Pre-kindergarten
The Child Development Center in Washington, DC has been serving families in the community since 1959. This inclusive early care and education center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and provides exceptional services for children with and without disabilities and their families in the Columbia Heights community.
Our inclusion model creates an environment in which each child is able to receive the individual support they need in the same classroom as their typically developing peers. The center also can assist parents in early identification and intervention to address developmental concerns during the critical first five years of life in order to provide the most effective care and most positive outcomes possible for each child.
Description of Services:
- Evidence-based curriculum that is developmentally, culturally, and linguistically relevant for the unique experiences of the children we serve
- Multisensory environment that promotes developmental and educational concepts, through the kinetic, visual and auditory senses, encouraging hands-on and individualized learning
- Bi-annual Parent Teacher Conferences and Parent Involvement Activities
- Make the First Five Count Assessment – Ages and Stages Questionnaire
- Enrichment programs, including music, soccer, and other opportunities to encourage developmentally appropriate learning through play
- A nutritious food program
- Developmental screenings and collaborative services
- Level II Provider – District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) issuance of on-site subsidy tuition assistance vouchers
- Interdisciplinary team approach to education and therapeutic services
- Supportive therapy services for children with disabilities and/or developmental delays
The Easterseals Child Development Center prepares children for kindergarten success and enthusiasm for lifelong learning. We welcome your child to come learn with us!