Easterseals Child Development Center – Falls Church
The Jo Ann & Carl McNair Community Child Development Center
300 Hunton Avenue
Falls Church, VA 22046
Hours of Operation: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm; year-round: Monday-Friday
Ages Served: Infants, Toddlers, Preschool, Pre-kindergarten, School Age (5-8 years old)
The Child Development Center in Falls Church has been serving the community for over 40 years, moving to its newly built location in 2013. This state-of-the-art, environmentally green center is the only provider within a five-mile radius that accepts children under the age of two and the only center within a ten-mile radius that enrolls children with disabilities for all age groups. This inclusive early care and education center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and provides exceptional services for children with and without disabilities and their families.
Our inclusion model creates an environment in which each child is able to receive the individual support they need in the same classroom as their typically developing peers. The center also can assist parents in early identification and intervention to address developmental concerns during the critical first five years of life in order to provide the most effective care and most positive outcomes possible for each child.
Description of Services
- Evidence-based curriculum that is developmentally, culturally, and linguistically relevant for the unique experiences of the children we serve
- Multisensory environment that promotes developmental and educational concepts through the kinetic, visual, and auditory senses, encouraging hands-on and individualized learning
- Supportive environment for therapy services for children with disabilities
- Bi-annual Parent Teacher Conferences and Parent Involvement Activities
- Make the First Five Count Assessment – Ages and Stages Questionnaire
- A nutritious food program
- An active Parent Participation Group
- Enrichment programs, including music, soccer, and other opportunities to encourage developmentally appropriate learning through play
- Credentialed professional teachers and administrative staff who are committed to providing a welcoming, caring, safe, and healthy environment
The Easterseals Child Development Center prepares children for kindergarten success and enthusiasm for lifelong learning. We welcome your child to come learn with us!