Employment + Autism Services
Social Skills for the Workplace
This program offers individuals with autism intensive, individualized preparation for competitive jobs in the community. Each plan is customized to best meet the needs and the goals of each person we support. We offer support and training in the following areas:
- Career Exploration
- Time Management
- Job Development
- Job Coaching
- Social Skills Evaluation / Training
This program is now serving St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri
To learn more, please contact us at 1-800-200-2119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the News
LINK has arrived in Kansas City. We are empowering individuals with autism to find meaningful employment and succeed in the workforce. On Tuesday, April 10, FOX 4 visited our employment center and learned more about this unqiue program.
A closer look . . .
We help program participants develop the following vital workplace skills:
- Appropriate hygiene and dress; professional communication in a variety of situations
- How to have professional and appropriate conversations
- How to handle job duties and responsibilities
- Expressing a need for help and when and with whom this is appropriate
- How to work as a part of a team
- When to disclose a disability
- Handling Workplace Situations Part 1: dealing with change, handling stress, and responding to bullying
- Handling Workplace Situations Part 2: electronic communication, phone calls, and unwritten social rules
- Mock interview
Community Business Partnerships
Do you represent a company or an organization and are interested in hiring Easterseals' qualified program participants? Please visit our Ability Awareness and Inclusion Partnership page for more details. Our staff will be happy to meet with you and discuss how your company can create a more inclusive work culture.
To learn more about our programs at Easterseals Midwest,
please contact us at 1-800-200-2119 or email@example.com.