Thrive Twitter Talks
Let's get together and chat! We host Twitter chats at least every other month about issues that matter to you - relationships, representation, beauty and fashion, and more! Join us for thoughtful and honest discussion that will, we hope, get you thinking…and talking.
Thrive Advocacy: Girls Get Things Done
When: Thursday, March 26, 2 p.m. CST/3 p.m. EST (convert to your time zone)
Come chat with us about disability advocacy, self-advocacy and how today's youth can advance disability rights, inclusion, and accessibility.
Join the Discussion with our Guests!
• Emily Ladau(@emily_ladau) is a writer, disability rights activist, and social engagement specialist. She blogs at Words I Wheel By, in addition to having written for The New York Times, Huffington Post, and Disability.gov.
• Lydia Brown (@autistichoya) is president of the Washington Metro Disabled Students Collective and serves as a staff member at the Autistic Self Advocacy Network. She wrote for the Washington Post and is also the voice behind Autistic Hoya.
• Savannah Logsdon-Breakstone (@nicocoer) is a multiply disabled Autistic self-advocate. Savannah is on the board of Pennsylvania’s Self Advocates United as 1 and is very involved in disability policy. She is currently the Autistic Self Advocacy Network's Social Media Coordinator. See more of her writing at Cracked Mirror in Shalott.
How to Participate:
1. Follow @ability2thrive.
2. Search or track the hashtag #thriveadvocacy on March 26, 2 p.m. CST / 3 p.m. EST to follow along.
3. Each question will be numbered (Q1, Q2, Q3). Label your answers in correspondence to the question (A1, A2, A3).
4. Make sure all of your tweets are tagged #thriveadvocacy.
5. Have fun!
Check out our Disability Advocacy page, featuring stories and advice from women with disabilities about taking action for yourself and for others.
#disabilitybeauty - The Ability to be Chic
2 / 26 / 15
#pwdinmedia - Getting Real about Disability in Mass Media
1/29/2015 Featured Guests:
- Thrive Book Club
- Thrive Spotify Playlist
- Follow Thrive on Instagram
- Article: Don't Label Me "Undateable"
- Job Search and First Interview Tips
- Disability and College