Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are reminding all who enter our centers of our policies and procedures. We remain committed to doing our very best to reduce the risk of exposure at Easterseals DuPage & Fox Valley. We appreciate your efforts as well.
At arrival, health screenings will occur using the Kiosk or Patient Dashboard. If you need assistance, or are not sure how to answer a question, the Receptionist is available to help you.
Stay home and reschedule to tele-therapy if experiencing symptoms of viral or bacterial illnesses including COVID, colds, flu, gastrointestinal illness, etc. Please see the below Decision Chart for situations to monitor symptoms or stay home. If you are not sure about coming in, please ask your therapist before arriving for your session for advice.
As a healthcare facility, everyone over the age of two must wear a mask unless medically unable to do so. We will continue to take great care with our cleaning/disinfecting processes, air quality, hand hygiene, mask utilization and social distancing. At this time, we are allowing a maximum of 2 people with each client per session and everyone must be wearing masks. We are beginning to treat 2-3 children or adults in the same room with social distancing and masks worn by all in the room.
We are following CDC guidance for clients and staff on quarantine after a COVID-19 exposure, diagnosis, or symptoms that may signal COVID-19, and will continue to adapt as more individuals in the community are vaccinated and as recommended by our health department. We are monitoring recent COVID developments and will relocate if recommended by public health officials.
If you are making travel plans, please follow the CDC guidelines that can be viewed here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
1. Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Temperature/Fever > 100.0 F or > 37.8 C
- New or Worsening Respiratory Symptoms including cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat
- New or Worsening GI Symptoms including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Other New or Worsening Symptoms including chills, congestion, runny nose, muscle or body aches, fatigue, headache, loss of taste or smell
2. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
3. Are you fully vaccinated?
4. If not fully vaccinated, have you or a household member had an exposure to someone in the last 14 days that has tested positive for COVID-19?
5. Have you traveled internationally in the past 14 days?
6. If you traveled internationally in the past 14 days, did you complete your 7-day quarantine and obtain a negative COVID test on day 3-5?
Proceed with services if fully vaccinated and NO to Question 1, 2 and 5.
Proceed with services if not fully vaccinated but NO to Questions 1, 2 and YES to questions 5 & 6.
Proceed with services if not fully vaccinated but NO to Questions 1, 2, 4 and 5.
Reschedule to Teletherapy Services if:
-YES to Question 1 or 2
-NO to Question 3 and YES to question 4 and/or question 5
-YES to Question 5 and NO to question 6
When YES TO QUESTION 1:
- Consult physician, test negative for COVID-19, and obtain a release to return with an alternate diagnosis from physician, remain fever-free for the 24 hours before return without use of fever-reducing medication.
Quarantine for 10 days from start of symptoms, remain symptom free during the final 48 hours of the quarantine without use of fever-reducing medication
When YES TO QUESTION 2:
- Quarantine for 10 days from start of symptoms, remain symptom free during the final 48 hours of the quarantine without use of fever-reducing medication.
When Not Fully Vaccinated and YES to question 4:
- If not fully vaccinated and exposed to COVID-19: quarantine for 14 days from date of exposure
When YES to Question 5 (international travel):
- Follow CDC guidelines for testing and quarantine period before returning to in-center services. Including 7-day quarantine and a negative COVID test on day 3-5.
If you have to quarantine or will not be able to pass the health screening, please contact our Scheduling Team at email@example.com email or call our centers and ask for Scheduling. We can also change your appointment to a tele-therapy session. Continuity of care is extremely important to us.
With these procedures in place, we have had minimal disruptions in our services, whether at a Center or via tele-therapy. Please reach out to your provider, or a member of our social services team, if you need additional support during these challenging times.