Creating transportation solutions that change lives
Door-to-door service | Lift-equipped vans and buses | Cost-efficient pricing | Trained drivers
To schedule a ride or for more information, please call 603.668.8603 or contact us using the button below.
What is Transportation Services?
Easterseals NH is committed to creating transportation solutions that foster independence for Granite State residents. We provide transportation to attend medical appointments, pick up prescriptions, buy food, and access school and adult day programs, among other critical needs.
We began offering specialized transportation in 1983 in response to a lack of services for older adults and people with disabilities. Transportation Services has developed partnerships with human service and municipal agencies that benefit our community and constantly strives to coordinate and consolidate specialized transportation in the Greater Manchester area.
Transportation Services provides transportation with an operational fleet of 55 specially-equipped vehicles and serves over 700 individuals annually, traveling over half a million miles. Transportation Services is overseen and monitored by the NH Department of Safety, NH Department of Health and Human Services, and the NH Department of Transportation.
Why Transportation Services?
- Vehicle operators are professionally trained in defensive driving and passenger assistance techniques
- Operators are sensitive to the needs of individuals with disabilities and the elderly
- Door-to-door individualized service available
- Passenger monitors, when required
- Cost-efficient pricing
- Lift-equipped vans and buses
- Staff receives extensive training and complies with Department of Transportation regulations, including drug screening
- Licensed to provide Medicaid-approved wheelchair rehabilitation transportation
- We collaborate with school districts on behavior management issues and provide specialized training to their staff
Who is Eligible?
As part of our mission, we provide transportation for numerous programs. Transportation Services provides door-to-door transportation with passenger assistance available for older adults who are frail and isolated, as well as individuals with disabilities, allowing them to gain greater independence and stay involved in their communities.
Transportation Services Clients
Our vehicles are available for charter by groups, individuals, and other agencies and offer considerable savings in money and time. In addition to transporting over 450 special education students on a daily basis for the city of Manchester, Transportation Services customers have included:
- Southern New Hampshire Services
- Community Health Services, Derry
- Greater Derry/Greater Salem Regional Transportation Council (RTC)
- Greater Derry/Greater Salem Cooperative Alliance for Regional Transportation (CART)
- St. Joseph Community Services
- NH Bureau of Elderly & Adult Services
- NH Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- NH Division of Children, Youth and Families
- NH Division of Health & Human Services
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program
- Easter Seals NH Programs
- Manchester Housing Authority
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Catholic Medical Center
- Veterans Administration
- Elliot Hospital
- Granite State Independent Living Association
- Nursing Homes
- Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester
- Rockingham Nutrition Meals on Wheels
- Manchester Community Health Center
- ADA Reasonable Modification Request Form
- ADA Reasonable Modification Complaint Form
- ADA Reasonable Modification Policy
- Title VI Complaint Form - English
- Title VI Complaint Form - Spanish
- Title VI Notice - English
- Title VI Notice - Spanish
- Title VI Plan
Claire always had a bright and vibrant personality. After experiencing some big life changes, such as leaving her job after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, her shining light began to dim. Due to the pain she suffered, she was unable to drive and was constantly asking her friends for rides to the grocery store and to doctor appointments. Claire began receiving and utilizes the program at least twice a week. Transportation Services has allowed Claire to be social again and has given her a greater sense of independence. To read more about Claire's story, click here.
Sarah is an energetic 92-year-old woman who loves to socialize and works out daily on an exercise bike. She is quick to tell you about her music preferences, Reggae over Rap, and her love of enjoying a good meal in a restaurant. Sarah values her independence and is eager to stay engaged in the community. To read more about Claire's story, click here.