Easterseals Michigan (ESM) Occupational Therapy helps children with disabilities and other special needs, such as Cerebral Palsy, ASD, Down syndrome, learning disabilities, and developmental delays, achieve.
Children who need Occupational Therapy have:
- Difficulty performing daily activities, including eating, dressing or writing
- Sensory processing and dysfunctional visual perception issues
- Poor motor planning, coordination, strength and body awareness
Therapy helps children by:
- Identifying the tools, environment and skills needed to successfully perform daily activities.
- Assessing a child’s daily performance of self-care including grooming and play.
- Creating individual therapy programs that enhance and teach skills such as manipulating objects, feeding and dressing.
- Improve fine motor, gross motor, visual perception and motor skills.
Expert Occupational Therapists
ESM Occupational Therapy Services are provided by registered and licensed therapists and therapy assistants who specialize in pediatrics. They work closely with each child's family, school, physician and other health care practitioners to set treatment goals that are personalized and realistic.
Family involvement is a critical component of Occupational Therapy. ESM's therapy program involves both direct treatment and home programming. Families receive helpful developmental and therapeutic information for activities that can implement between therapy sessions, including coaching and support.
In Southeast Michigan, you can receive your Occupational Therapy packet by calling Easterseals Michigan's Family Services at 800.75.SEALS.
In West Michigan, you can receive your Occupational Therapy packet by calling Easterseals Michigan Grand Rapids location at 616.942.2081.