NAVIGATE is a comprehensive treatment approach for persons, aged 15 - 30, experiencing their first episode of psychosis. NAVIGATE helps people navigate the road to recovery including support efforts that function well at home, on the job, at school, and in the community. It is designed to provide tools to help get the participants onto pathways of recovery and navigate the challenges of mental illness by choosing among a broad range of treatments to achieve their goals.
The program consists of:
- Individual Resiliency Training- Psychoeducation and therapeutic support for individuals with FEP.
- Family Education- Psychoeducation for family members and other identified support persons
- Supportive Education and Employment- Encourage success in school and within the workplace
- Peer Support- Increase socializing and instilling hope in individuals with FEP
- Medication Management- Monitor medication and symptoms
- Case Management- Care coordination and resource support
Participants will learn to:
- Manage and reduce stress
- Monitor symptoms and prevent relapse
- Increase coping skills
- Increase role functioning through supported employment and education
- Increase social and leisure functioning through social rehabilitation
- Learn resiliency by targeting personal well being
- Achieve their goals with the assistance of family support
If you are interested in learning more, please call 1.800.75.SEALS.