With age comes new social, physical, and emotional challenges. Many seniors have the support of friends and family during difficult times while others do not. Some older adults have more difficulty and require more help, but may be reluctant to seek it or may not know where to go. This is why Easterseals MORC is pleased to offer Senior Outreach.
Support for the wellbeing, independence and dignity of older adults through community education, mental health services, and connection to community resources. It is a community program that identifies older adults who may need emotional or physical support and/or connection to community services. It is a simple way to help older adults get assistance before a serious crisis develops.
• care management referrals
• connection to community resources
• depression screening and treatment
• identification and early intervention of prescription drug misuse or abuse
Watch for the following signs that could indicate that an older adult is in need of help.
• Mental State: Confusion, disorientation, memory loss, repetitiveness
• Physical: Difficulty in seeing, hearing or walking, alcohol or substance abuse
• Emotional: Recent loss of spouse, appears depressed, anxious or withdrawn, loss of appetite
• Social: Isolated, possible victim of abuse, neglect or exploitation
• Appearance: Unkempt, dirty clothes, weight loss
• Environment: Home needs repair, trash or debris in yard, neglected pets.
• Economic: Confused about money matters and an inability to afford necessities.
If you want to refer a senior or get more information about Senior Outreach or issues that impact an older adult’s health, contact us at our toll free number - 1.800.75.SEALS.
Easterseals MORC’s Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) provides a comprehensive array of services necessary to create access, stabilize people in crisis, and provide the appropriate treatment for those with substance use and mental health disorders. These services are provided regardless of ability to pay or insurance status. For more information, click here.