Dolly Parton Imagination Library
In just a few minutes, you can give your child the gift of books! Through our partnership with Molina Healthcare Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library, you can sign up any child from birth up to age five to receive a new book in the mail each month at no cost to you. Studies have shown that children with 25 books in the home are more likely to complete an additional two years of school than their peers. With Imagination Library, your child has the opportunity to receive up to 60 books by the time they turn five. Enroll now for your child to receive a new, free book each month!
Through this activity, caregivers are not only providing education to their child, but also a time for family interaction and bonding. The vision of the program is to introduce reading and comprehension to foster a love of for books and reading at an early age. There is no cost or obligation to the families who continue to live in an eligible zip code. Best of all--new books are chosen each year so if siblings participate you have different books each year to grow your home library!
Easterseals also hosts free events in our Imagination Library neighborhoods to connect families with local community resources, fun interactive activities and of course we give away more FREE BOOKS!
We currently serve families living in:
- Ashland County
- Hocking County
- Gallia County
- Jackson County
- Pike County
- Richland County
- Scioto County
- Vinton County
- Meigs County
To see if your zip code is eligible, check here.
These books don’t just bring families together, the books will bring an entire state together. Collectively, all of the partners and affiliates are making sure that every child, in every neighborhood, in every town, in every county in Ohio can access these books. We will bring our entire state together to build a culture of literacy in Ohio.
Why We Do It
Early literacy matters
- Reading to children is widely recognized as the single most important activity leading to early literacy and future success.
- A Child's brain is 90% of its full size by the age of 5
- Children raised in home with books help build their vocabulary and prepare for school
- The Imagination Library is a monthly reminder to spend time reading and bonding
Why Screening Matters
The Ages and Stages Queestionnaire screening tool for young children is an efficient and effective way to check a child's development to help parents measure milestones that should be met. ASQ's help determine whether follow up steps are needed towards identifying children with delays or disorders in the critical years, before they start school.
- Developmental delays affect 1 in every 6 children
- Up to 70% of these children who woudl benefit from early intervention aren't identified until after they start school
- When social and emotional issues are identified and addressed early, children are less likely to experience school failure and unemployment later in life
For more information, please contact Jennifer Fultz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-228-5523 ext. 1107.
If you are interested in taking this journey and partnering with us to help further our efforts in communities we serve,
please contact Kristy Emch-Roby at email@example.com for more information.