Nursing Facility Transition Program
This program offers one-time transition services to assist those in nursing facilities to successfully discharge into the community.
About the Program
The Nursing Facility Transition Services Program is a Medicaid program that assists nursing facility residents that would like to explore community-based living options. Services are offered to assist in securing housing and facilitate a successful discharge to the community. Transition services are non-recurring expenses necessary to enable an individual that is transitioning from a nursing facility or other institutional setting to the community to establish a basic household and do not constitute room and board.
One time transition services offered through the program include:
- Housing and security deposit required to secure adequate accommodations within the community
- Household needs such as furniture, window coverings, food preparation items and linens
- Health and safety needs such as pest removal, allergen control and cleaning services
- Assistance with utility service initiation fees including telephone, electricity, heating and water
- Various transition supports an services
Services are available to Medicaid beneficiaries residing in a nursing facility and looking for assistance to facilitate a successful discharge to the community. To determine eligibility or to receive additional information regarding transition services, contact (833) 686-7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easterseals MORC Home Care’s Direct Contact & Referral Line: 866-593-7413
Easterseals MORC Home Care’s Fax Referral Number: 586-228-7029
MDHHS Contact Line to make a referral: 833-686-7700 or TTY: 833-285-5910