See the Good
Bringing Awareness and Education to the Unique Talents and Successes of Individuals with Disabilities and Senior Citizens.
Join Easterseals MORC this March as we "See the Good" in all individuals, regardless of ability. We will be focusing on bringing awareness and education to the unique and amazing talents of individuals with differing abilities and senior citizens.
We encourage you to:
- See all abilities
- See an individual's strength.
- See an individual's power.
- See an individual's confidence.
- See a person's light.
- See the best in someone.
- See the whole person.
On March 21st we hosted the See the Good Webinar!
See the Good Webinar is a free virtual webinar that was held on March 21st to educate and bring more awareness to individuals with unique abilities and senior citizens, hoping to help these individuals feel fully seen and heard. Our panel featured guests from multiple perspectives and they offered great insight on how to be more inclusive and engage more with individuals who have a disability or who are part of an older generation.Special thank you to our amazing panel for their time and expertise on this webinar!
- Dr. Doru Bali - Medical Director, Easterseals MORC
- Hannah Richey - Owner of Hannah Joy Spectrum Designs
- Katie Kogelmann - Parent of a Child with a Disability
- Matt Fritzen - Advocate and Peer Mentor
- Kelly Helmreich, RN QIDP - Easterseals MORC Intake Support Coordinator
To watch the recording of this webinar, please visit: https://youtu.be/FMo4zQbyj9k
All Month: Show the Good!
What are you doing to show the good in the world around you? Individually or as a group, show us the good you are doing in your communities. Tag Easterseals MORC on social media (@EastersealsMORC - we're on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter!) and use the hashtag, #SHOWtheGOOD when posting on respective social media accounts.
Community Challenge: #SHOWtheGOOD amongst your company/teams while completing an act of kindness activity together (wearing your own branded swag, of course!)
Here are some ideas on how you can #SHOWtheGOOD:
- Volunteer at your local elderly care facility, homeless shelter, food pantry, etc.
- Host a fundraiser for your favorite organization
- Plant seeds in a pot and give someone the plant of flowers (once bloomed).
- Plant a garden and tend to it at a local nursing home/care center/homeless shelter.
- Call someone who may be lonely.
- Offer to clean and elderly loved one's home.
- Help someone carry groceries to their car or inside their home.
- Make and/or bring a meal for someone who may be lonely and eat with them.
- Share a smile!
See the Good Community Flyer
Movies to Watch featuring Individuals with Disabilities
Free Downloadable Coloring & Activity Book
Disability Etiquette Guide from United Spinal Association