Easterseals services for youth and young adults provides individualized, community-based programming and in-school supports to foster independent living as they transition with disabilities into the workforce or into post-secondary education. We support each student so they can achieve their goals for the next chapter in their lives by emphasizing adult daily living and social skills, as well as health and wellness.
Transition programs are led by Easterseals staff, coordinators, mentors, and specialists who are experts in helping youth and young adults navigate what can often be a challenging and confusing time in life. We are there to ensure each student is set up for success and is prepared to leverage every opportunity to build a fulfilling and purposeful future in a nurturing, compassionate environment.
- Advocacy for youth and families to assist them in preparing for their futures
- Support groups, networking, and social events
- Referrals to community resources
- Support and education to apply for a job, college or university; handling personal finances, maintaining healthy relationships, finding a home, securing transportation, and other essential living needs.
- Mentorships designed to improve community involvement, relationship building, self-esteem, confidence, and mental health are available.
- Recreational activities are offered to develop friendships and a sense of empowerment.
To learn more about what transition services for youth and young adults are available in your area, find your local Easterseals.