Speech & Language Therapy Services
Easterseals employs a dedicated and skilled team of speech-language therapists who promote communication capabilities in our community. A Speech-language therapist (also called a speech-language pathologist) is a skilled health practitioner trained in the evaluation and treatment of speech, language, and swallowing functions.
Speech therapy may address functional deficits in areas such as:
- the way we articulate or say speech sounds
- understanding the sounds associated with language and pronunciation
- planning and coordinating the movements needed to make speech sounds
- the rhythm and fluency of speaking
- voice quality (e.g. hoarseness)
- the ability to understand language
- the ability to use speech to communicate meaningfully
- social communication: the way we speak to others and understand social messages and cues produced by others
- Oral-Motor Skills: strength and coordination of the tongue and lip muscles
- Swallowing/Feeding Skills: the ability to chew and swallow effectively
- Augmentative Communication: the ability of nonverbal individuals to use alternative communication systems
Easterseals offers pediatric and adult treatment to promote communication in areas of speech & language, voice & fluency, social skills & use of augmentative devices. Our experienced therapists also address oral motor, swallowing & feeding problems.
A comprehensive speech-language evaluation is the first step in identifying communication problems and pursuing treatment services.
Easterseals accepts most insurances. Physician order required.
For further information or to schedule a physical therapy evaluation at Easterseals, please call 330-743-1168 or Contact Us