Easterseals Senior Friends is an innovative program that provides companionship for adults over the age of 60 who may be isolated and withdrawn from the community.
Each week, our clients meet with a Senior Friend Visitor who provides companionship and enhances socialization and community involvement. Visitors in the program quickly form bonds with seniors through a variety of shared activities such as playing cards, working on puzzles, fishing, bowling, going to doctor's appointments, shopping, going out to eat and much more.
Benefits of the Senior Friends Program:
• Provide companionship for those who may feel alone
• Enhance socialization skills
• Build friendships and support systems
• Create links to the community and its resources
• Serve as an advocate to obtain needed benefits and services
Senior Friends is available in Portage, Stark and Wayne counties. For more information about the program call 1.800.860.2934.