Easterseals Oregon Summer Day Camp
This summer, Easterseals Oregon will be providing summer day camp programming in four locations around the Portland Metro area and surrounding communities! This exciting new program is designed to offer a safe, engaging, and intentional camp environment to children ages 10-14 with disabilities, under the care of trained staff and volunteers at a minimum of a 3-1 ratio. Our Day Campers will get to experience new things, make new memories, and build lasting friendships while engaging with fun camp activities and crafts. We will have 5 day camp sessions, each 5 days long, from 9am-3pm. Camp Includes a t-shirt and waterbottle for each camper! Please note that campers are required to bring a sack lunch daily. Each day will be filled with new activities themed around the creative arts, sports and recreation, the natural world, or performance arts. The last day of each week-long session will include a talent show, which parents and guardians are invited to attend.
To express your interest, please fill out our Day Camp Interest Form! You will be notified when locations, dates, and registration are available.
The weekly theme schedule is detailed below:
On this day, we will focus on creative expression, a group-art project, and some decorations for our shared space for the rest of the week. Our outdoors time will be spent on a chalk mural, and our indoors projects will include drawing, coloring, and sculpting options.
- Tuesday: Nature & Exploration
On this day, we will focus on connection in & with the natural world. We will engage in a nature (st)roll, plant herbs and vetegables to take home, and make nature collage.
- Wednesday: Sports & Recreation
On this day, we will focus on sports activities, staying active, and engaging in sports fandoms. We will organize adaptive sports games (i.e) basketball, kickball, etc.), create banners for our teams, and design encouraging cheers for each other.
- Thursday: Performing Arts
On this day, we will focus on performing infront of others, communication skills, and music. We will build instruments (i.e: rythm shakers, box drums, etc.), partipicate in sing-alongs, and plan for the Friday Talent Show.
- Friday: Culmination Day/Talent Show
On this day, we will have the opportunity to revisit activities from earlier in the week, including arts & crafts time (i.e. picture frames, planting, etc.), outdoor play, and finally, a talent show that parents and guardians are invited to come early to observe and support the children!
You may register your camper for individual days that match their interests or for the whole week at a discounted rate. All of the necessary registration forms are listed below. Please submit your registration by July 1st.
Summer 2024 Day Camp Sessions
Registration for our 2024 Summer Day Camp Sessions are COMING SOON!
- All locations will be ADA accessible.
- Early Registration will open Early February, 2024.
Dates and Locations
- Sessions will be held in July and August. More details Coming Soon!
Some campers may be eligible for a scholarship to attend camp. To apply for a camp scholarship, please complete the scholarship application form along with all other required forms.
- Campers must be between the ages of 10-14
- Camper must have a diagnosed disability
- Camper must be able to self-administer medication without assistance
- Campers must be appropriate for a supervision ratio of 1 staff member for every 3 campers
- Campers must be able to use eat and use the restroom independently
- Campers must be in good health with no acute medical concerns and free of communicable disease
- Campers who display physically aggressive/destructive behavoiors which can cause abuse for self and/or others are not appropriate for this camp
*If your camper does not fit this description or requirements, please reach out to discuss accomodations with Camp and Recreation Director, Ian Barreto:
Phone: (971) 706-4060
Forms For 2024 Day Camp Applicants
Registration for 2024 applicants is Coming Soon! Please refer to the information and forms below to get a headstart on your camper's journey with us in the meantime. Sessions are filled on a first-come-first-served basis. The medical form does not need to be submitted at the same time as your application form, but we ask that you submit it by July 10th.
Once you have filled out your medical form and/or scholarship application, they can be submitted via any of the following options:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please put "Day Camp" in your subject line)
- Fax: 503.228.1352
- Mail: you can mail your completed forms to the address listed below
- In Person: If you would like to return your forms to us in person, please call ahead to set up a time to bring them by.
Administration Office Address:
7300 SW Hunziker Rd, Suite 103
Portland, OR 97223
A Special Thank-You
Easterseals Oregon would like to express gratitude for the community partners who have helped make this new program a reality through generous donations of program spaces and resources:
- North Clackamas School District
- Parkrose School District
- Willamette Community Church
We would also like to thank the following community members and businesses for their generous donations:
How to Volunteer for Camp Easterseals
1. Please download and complete our Volunteer Application Form by clicking the button below:
2024 Volunteer Application Form
2. Contact Us by clicking here or by emailing your completed Volunteer Application to email@example.com.
3. Once the appropriate information has been received, you may be subject to a background check, based on desired volunteer opportunities.
Just a few of your volunteer hours can make a lifetime of difference for the people we serve. Thank you!