Clinical and Community Services
We offer comprehensive care and an array of services to meet the physical and emotional care needs of those we serve. We are a place where individuals and families feel safe and receive the highest quality of care. Our person-centered approach is grounded in authentic partnerships among patients, their families and our team of professionals. We provide support to patients with and without developmental or mental health disabilities. Learn more.
Primary Care for Adults
The primary care team provides services with a patient-centered collaborative approach to adults with physical and developmental disabilities. At the treatment center we are able to coordinate care with counseling, psychiatry, psychology, respite, and service coordination. If necessary, we work closely with group home staff to provide the best care for our patients. Our team consists of Dr. Charis Lee, Ashley Wanamaker FNP-BC, and Priscilla Astudillo LPN.
Our personcentered approach means that our Primary Care Team coordinates care with counseling, psychiatry and psychology to provide integrated care and the best health outcomes for our patients. Our primary care services include:
- Adult physicals
- On-site urinalysis, pregnancy tests and blood glucose testing
- Spirometry (lung function testing)
- Viral cultures
- Screenings for diabetes, hypertension and other chronic diseases
- Treatment for acute illnesses, allergies, bronchitis, colds, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, ear infections, rashes, UTIs, etc.
- Treatment of minor injuries such as sprains and strains, burns or removal of sutures
- Colorectal cancer screenings
- Coordination of care, help with referrals to specialists, review of medical records
- Follow-up of hospitalizations
We are accepting new patients in Primary Care. We also have availability for acute visits daily. Learn more.
Mental Health Services
For over ten years, we have provided the highest quality mental health services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We have expanded our impactful work and have a team of highly-trained health professionals who can help you and your family manage both everyday stressors and an array of psychiatric illnesses such as trauma stress disorder, anxiety and depression. Our team includes Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, and Social Workers. The Mental Health team works collaboratively and communicates regularly with our Primary Care providers for optimum integrated healthcare. Learn more.
Dr. Laurence Sugarman has been developing clinical strategies that effectively address psychobiological problems by helping children help themselves. Dr. Sugarman has achieved international recognition for his teaching and writing in the field of hypnosis, biofeedback and self-regulation with children.
Clinical care provided by Dr. Sugarman at the Easter Seals Diagnostic and Treatment Center include:
- Self-regulation training (relaxation, hypnosis, biofeedback) for young people with chronic and recurrent anxiety, pain, repetitive behaviors, habit disorders and those coping with chronic disease.
- Parenting counseling, especially for parents with children with developmental differences and other chronic conditions.
- Medication management for young people with attentional dysfunction, autism spectrum disorder, and/or anxiety disorders.
- Behavioral management counseling, including collaboration and advocacy for young people in educational settings.
In addition to this exciting program, our Clinic has added a Sensory Integration Waiting Area which gives children the opportunity to engage in fun and therapeutic activities while they wait for their doctor's appointments.
For Primary Care and Mental Health Services, our Clinic accepts the following insurances:
- Beacon Health Strategies
- MVP HealthCare
- Optum (UHC Behavioral Health)
- Secure Horizons by UHC (Medical)*
- Today’s Options*
- United Healthcare (Medical)*
- Value Options
- Your Care*
* are considered out of network but we can help you with any questions.
Easterseals is proud to offer respite services that allow both caregivers and the people for whom they're caring the opportunity to relax, recharge, and reconnect. Our respite services are offered nationwide and designed to give caregivers a much needed break from the stress of caregiving. Learn more.
Our Recreational Respite program is open to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Offering group activities for teens (13-18 yrs.) and young adults (18-30 yrs.). This allows individuals to meet in groups to come together and take part in fun, social activities.
A monthly calendar of activities will be sent to registered participants with sign up information. Learn more.
To learn more about our Clinical and Community Services, please contact:
Lora Winghart, Director
Easterseals New York
Diagnostic and Treatment Center
103 White Spruce Blvd.
Rochester, New York 14623
Chauntele Scott-Turner, Intake Specialist
Brandi Weaver, Supervisor
Patrice Taylor, Manager