Early Intervention, Early Care and Education
Building a brighter future for children of all abilities
Early identification and treatment of disabilities and delays is crucial to help infants and children achieve their potential. At the Easterseals Rehabilitation Center, a variety of Early Intervention services build the foundation for a brighter future for youngsters identified with (or at risk for) disabilities. For more details on the Early Intervention services listed below, contact the Easterseals Rehabilitation Center.
- The Easterseals Rehabilitation Center is a provider for Vanderburgh County First Steps, an Indiana program for children from birth to 3 who experience delays in some area of development. Physical, occupational, and speech therapies are among the services provided in the child's natural environment at home or in preschool.
- Is your child on track developmentally?
Our list of common motor milestones is a great reference for parents!
Easterseals Early Learning Center
All children benefit when kids with and without disabilities share an inclusive learning environment. That’s why all three of the Easterseals Rehabilitation Center’s early childhood programs are now together in one inclusive location! The updated Easterseals Early Learning Center at 621 S. Cullen Avenue in Evansville is the home of:
• Milestones Early Care & Education for children of all abilities, 6 weeks-3 years old
• LEAD Academy (Learn, Engage, Achieve, Discover), an inclusive preschool with a wide-ranging educational curriculum for children of all abilities, 30 months-6 years of age
• Dan & Nancy Mitchell Therapeutic Preschool for children age 3-5 identified as having a developmental disability requiring special education services
Our dedicated, compassionate staff provides individualized care and education to meet each child’s unique needs. We incorporate multisensory activities, a comprehensive arts enrichment program featuring the "Golf Gives Back" Arts Studio. The Toyota Indiana "Full Steam Ahead for Learning" STEAM curriculum (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) helps all children enter school ready to succeed! For information or a tour, contact Laurie Seals, V.P. of Early Childhood Services, 812-474-2244 or LSeals@evansvillerehab.com.
Easterseals Milestones and LEAD Academy are licensed by the State of Indiana, are approved On My Way Pre-K sites, and have acheived Level 3 Paths to Quality. The Dan & Nancy Mitchell Therapeutic Preschool is an approved provider for developmental preschool by the Evansville-Vanderburgh School Corporation.
Last updated: January 30, 2020