Community employment enriches lives of individuals with disabilities.
The main office for the Easterseals Rehabilitation Center's Employment Services are located at Easterseals Posey County in Mt. Vernon, IN. This job placement program serves individuals in Vanderburgh, Posey, Gibson and Warrick counties, assisting adults with disabilities in preparing for, obtaining and retaining competitive employment. The program partners with Vocational Rehabilitation, The Bureau of Developmental Disabilities, Waiver Case Managers, and the Social Security Administration to help individuals achieve their goals for community employment.
Services provided include:
- Development of an individualized plan (with client input) for community employment defining vocational goals and supports/services necessary to attain that goal
- Assistance in identifying any obstacles to employment and providing referrals to maximize success
- Benefits Analysis conducted by a certified specialist to help the client understand how their benefits would be impacted by going to work
- Pre-employment instruction in areas such as:
1. Personal Appearance
2. Punctuality and Attendance
3. Job Skills Assessment
4. Occupational Interests
5. Resume Preparation
6. Job Application Completion
7. Interview Preparation
8. Accessing Community Resources
- Job Development
1. Job Search Skills
2. Referral to Work Keys Assessment
- Job Placement
1. On- Site Job Training Assistance
2. On-Site Job Analysis
3. Development of On Site “Natural Supports”
4. Advocate Between Client and Employer
5. Necessary support to ensure job retention and mutual satisfaction in the workplace.
The program also serves SSI and SSDI recipients who want to know how working affects their benefits. Anyone who has received a Ticket to Work from the Social Security Administration can contact Employment Specialist Donna Kohlmeyer at 812-838-0636 for assistance.
Easterseals Posey County also operates Horizon Industries, offering facility based employment.