ASPIRE Adult Day Services
To learn, laugh, and enjoy...
The mission of ASPIRE is to promote independence and expand opportunities for adults with disabilities through individualized goals, meaningful activities and community integration, and to promote enjoyment of the process. Trained, caring staff members assist each client in setting and reaching personal goals for independence. Among the benefits of ASPIRE are:
- Activities based on individual abilities and interests that enhance motivation, creative expression and self-esteem
- Medical supervision and access to on-site physical, occupational, and speech-language therapies and audiology services
- Daily interaction with friends and staff members
- Opportunities to explore hobbies and special interests through educational programs, community participation, and fitness and recreation activities
- Wholesome and appropriate nutrition
- Dignified assistance and instruction in feeding, bathing, toileting, dressing, and other activities of daily living
Our qualified staff serves approximately 50 individuals each weekday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. ASPIRE participants reside in an Easterseals Rehabilitation Center group home and transportation is provided by the Easterseals Rehabilitation Center Transportation Department.
A variety of activities are offered at the Aspire Day Program and may include the following (subject to change due to pandemic health precautions, scheduling, etc.):
- Music with Boom Squad
- Community outings
- Church services
- Music therapy
- Music, karaoke and dance activities
- Pet therapy
- Reading activities with area libraries
- Visits from E'ville Iron Street Rod Club
- Opportunities for family connections (holiday luncheons, etc.)
The ASPIRE staff believes in giving individuals the opportunity to express interest in the activities in which they participate. A Volunteer Committee of ASPIRE participants meets with the activity director regularly to discuss the schedule for the upcoming month. The activity director utilizes committee members' ideas to develop the schedule, which is posted in the ASPIRE area and sent to the participants at home, as well as to parents and guardians.
For more information about the Aspire Day Program please contact us online or call Julie Butts at 812-479-1411.