Adult Day Services:
At Easterseals West Georgia, our comprehensive therapeutic care program for adults with disabilities (over 18 years of age) offers full adult day services and afterschool care for adults still attending school.
The focus of the adult program is to incorporate adaptive living skills and socialization into the participant’s daily lives. The adult program:o
- Is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- Strives to improve the participant’s physical well-being, cognitive skills, social skills and level of independence.
- Offers participants the opportunity to join interest group activities and outings (gardening club, sign language club, men’s club, photography club, Handmade by Me craft club, and more)
- Has small ratio groups and activities based on the individual’s abilities and needs.
- Ensures that all Life Skill Coaches receive relevant training in caring for adults with disabilities.
- Has a nurse to administer medications, train staff on health related issues and oversee general health.
Community Access Individual:
Our Community Access Individual Program provides opportunities for adult participants to learn about and navigate their community, with the assistance of a 1 to 1 peer support staff. Individuals participate in outings designed to develop and improve life skills, while also building social connections and relationships. Self-sufficiency is fostered as individuals learn to socialize with others, adjust to community life, use community resources, handle personal care while in the community and build greater independence away from their support system.
Community opportunities may include learning about money management, joining community civic groups or clubs, and/or volunteering. This program is offered to individuals participating in Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities home and community based services.