Colorado Post-Polio Organization (CPPO)
Some helpful ways to connect with Easterseals Colorado Post-Polio Support:
Upcoming CPPO Statewide Zoom Meeting dates: Saturday, April 30, July 30, and October 29, 2022
Meetings will be held via Zoom with a social half hour from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. MST, presentation of topics from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. MST, and questions from 12:00 to 12:30 p.m. MST.
*Registration link to come for April 30 meeting. Contact Mitzi Tolman at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the meeting updates.
Click here to watch a recording of the January 29, 2022 CPPO Statewide Zoom Meeting - "Fires, Floods, Financial Scammers. How can you be prepared?"
ADVISORY COUNCIL meetings are when our planning takes place. Members are always valued to comment on our future goals and activities. Meetings are scheduled quarterly on the 4th Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. over Zoom. Please make a note of the upcoming meeting dates below. If you can't participate, please contact one of our Advisory Council members with your suggestions.
Advisory Council Members:
- Sue Brandon, Chairperson - 763.377.2287 or Sue.Brandon@q.com
- Marny Eulberg, MD, Medical Advisor - 303.829.1538 or email@example.com
- Mitzi Tolman, Post-Polio Program Coordinator - 720.940.9291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Carr - 720.220.8413 or email@example.com
- Margaret Hinman - 303.763.0013 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Burnett(habla español) - 720.394.5500 or email@example.com
Sign-up for Colorado's free, QUARTERLY CONNECTIONS NEWSLETTER. Many concerns are the same for polio survivors, learn more about post-polio, resources and living with this syndrome. Email your name and mailing address to Mitzi Tolman at firstname.lastname@example.org to start receiving the newsletter.
*CPPO is going greener! If you would like to receive an electronic version of the newsletter via email rather than a paper newsletter in the mail, please email email@example.com.
Attend a SUPPORT GROUP (click for further information). If none fits your bill, maybe you can start one. We give plenty of help and encouragement if you do so. Support Groups are the BEST way to receive encouragement and education about post-polio and its effects. Everyone’s polio story has details of the same condition, including different ideas for coping. Contact Mitzi Tolman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on a group.
- CONTINUED EDUCATION for MEDICAL PROVIDERS - look for upcoming classes and seminars for PTs, OTs and other medical providers.
- Check out a book from the LENDING LIBRARY. Colorado Post-Polio has an extensive library with books about polio survivors, coping with post-polio syndrome, navigating the insurance system, and navigating life with limited mobility. See the full list here - books are added often.
- Take part in the TRAVELING CLINIC and MINI-EDUCATIONAL MEETING. Patients receive a written post-polio evaluation, including a muscle test and a list of recommendations to help you preserve or improve your quality of life. The clinic is conducted by Dr. Marny Eulberg, a polio survivor and polio specialist and her team, including a Physical Therapist. Contact Mitzi Tolman at email@example.com to request a clinic near you.
- 9/16/2021 - CBS Denver - "Colorado Polio Survivor Reflects On Lifelong Disease & COVID Vaccines Now"
- 12/10/2020 - Denver7 - "Colorado polio survivor is hopeful about COVID-19 vaccine"
- 10/24/2020 - Post-Polio Health International - "World Polio Day Second Runner-up: Mitzi Tolman, Lakewood, Colorado"
- 10/19/2020 - Jeffco Transcript - "Help for polio survivors facing new challenges"
- "MY WORLD TURNED UPSIDE DOWN" by Jim Carr - Read our newest Advisory Council member's story
- "IS IT A COLD, INFLUENZA, COVID OR ALLERGIES? OH MY!" by Dr. Marny Eulberg - Common COVID questions addressed by Dr. Eulberg
- "CLEANING A WHEELCHAIR DURING COVID-19" by Peter Axelson of Beneficial Designs - Helpful tips and COVID-19 precautions for wheelchair and assistive technology users from a wheelchair user, designer, and engineer
- DONATE - Your contribution will be greatly acknowledged! If you would like to donate to support Colorado Post-Polio efforts, CLICK HERE to do so online. Under the 'Gift Designation' section, make sure you select 'Direct my gift to:' and choose 'Post-Polio Support' from the drop-down menu. For donations by check, contributions should be payable to Easterseals Colorado with 'POST-POLIO' written in the memo line. Please mail your check along with your Name, Address, Phone, and e-mail to Mitzi Tolman at Easterseals Colorado, 393 S Harlan St, Suite 250, Lakewood, CO 80226.
Colorado Post-Polio Organization is a program sponsored by Easterseals Colorado to offer education and support for people experiencing the late effects of polio.
Colorado Post-Polio | Since 1981