Parent Mentor and Support Program
Easterseals Central California received a grant from Safeway to train a core group of parents of children with autism to serve as parent mentors, especially in the rural and underserved areas of southern Monterey County, to support other parents of children recently diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders. This program provides parent-to-parent support and up-to-date information about ASD and the tools to help them help their child to achieve his or her maximum potential.
Parents of newly diagnosed children with autism can receive information on the following topics:
What is “Autism Spectrum Disorder”?
- Being an Informed Consumer and Active Participant in Treatment
- Different Treatment Options
- School and Community Resources
- Addressing Challenging Behaviors (Parts I and II)
- Coping at Home
- Enhancing Social Development: Parents’ Role in Treatment
Parent trainers reside in the communities of:
- King City
Back to main Autism Services page