Easterseals Rhode Island provides supported employment services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other potential employment barriers. These services are delivered in integrated community-based settings with the goal of obtaining competitive employment in the person’s desired area of vocational interest.
In our model, entitled EmploymentWORKS!, an assigned and integrated team of ESRI staff provide supportive services to help participants:
- Tap into their strengths and personal resilience.
- Practice work-readiness skills through our proprietary Get Ready!™ Curriculum.
- Develop strong ties to the community, forge friendships, and access resources.
- Participate in our signature Connect2Careers™ program, where participants learn about career options, and conduct informational interviews with a large number of businesses.
- Engage in customized training and obtain jobs in their chosen field.
ESRI maintains community business partners in areas that include food service, retail, maintenance, custodial, hospitality, and many others.
Participants may also utilize Fedcap’s Get Ready!™ curriculum, which was developed to assist individuals in exploring their values about work, the strengths and assets they bring to the employment environment and to develop specific skills to ensure that they are work ready.
To learn more about EmploymentWORKS!, contact Joanne DelAngelo at email@example.com.