Senior Community Service Employment Program
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is for low-income seniors who seek employment, training assistance, and social engagement. Through our transitional employment program, we partner with community-based non-profit organizations and government agencies to provide participants with training opportunities to update their skills. During their part-time internship, seniors receive minimum wage to help supplement their income until they receive permanent employment. Our staff work with job seekers to target and achieve personal employment goals. This program is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Person-centered, focused case management
- Employment driven training
- Internships Available to Non-Profit and Government Agencies
- Serving Job Seekers 55+ in the following counties: Multnomah, Clackamas, Marion, Polk, Clatsop, Columbia, Tillamook, Lincoln, Lane, Benton, Yamhill, Brookings, Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, and Washington County.
- Resume Development
- Interview Techniques
- Workplace Experience
- Job Leads
- Career Path Assistance
- Individualized Support
- Computer Training
- Career Coaching
- Expansion of skills
- Be 55 years of age or older
- Reside in one of the counties that Easterseals SCSEP serves
- Income restrictions apply
- Be unemployed and willing to obtain competitive employment
SCSEP Serviced Counties
Multnomah, Clatsop, Columbia, Lincoln, and Tillamook Counties
Lane, Coos, and Douglas Counties
Phone: 541-349-4130 / 541-687-7393
Marion, Polk, Linn, Benton, & Yamhill Counties
Curry and Josephine Counties
Phone: 541-265-8891 EXT: 338
Jackson, Josephine, and Curry Counties
Crook, Jefferson, Deschutes, Lake, Klamath, and Harney Counties
Phone: 541-788-7061 / 541-241-2475
Letter of gratitude from a former participant in the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP):
To Whom It May Concern:
What are they? What do they do?
Easterseals is a wonderful organization of fabulous people.
They work with seniors and veterans. They give you hope. They rebuild your pride.
They make you believe in yourself because they believe in you.
They make you feel you are still worth something.
How do I know? I know because I am one of their graduates. I am 81 years old and I have held my present job for over two years.
How do your thank some one for giving your back a reason to get up every morning and to thank God for each and every day?
They show you life is worth living and they help you all the way.
Thank you Easterseals.