Children and Adult Home-based Support Services
Home-based support services at Easterseals Joliet Region, Inc. provide in-home services to families with children and adults with special needs.This program was designed to provide services to children and adults in their natural environment. The goal of the home-based support services program is to improve quality of life of your child and an adult by developing individualized programs and teaching adaptive behaviors.
The services include:
· Behavioral intervention and treatment by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
· Personal support
· Service Facilitation/Case management
· School observations
· Training to parents and paraprofessionals
· Medical consultation
· Assistance obtaining assistive technology through Medicaid
Home-Based Support Services Program offers to teach adaptive skills to assist the individual to achieve personal goals, such as:
· Communication skills
· Social skills
· Academic skills
· Leisure skills
· Community use
· Functional academics
· Age-appropriate housekeeping chores
· Health and safety
· Self-care skills
· Children and adults are approved by the Department of Human Services for the Home-Based Waiver Program.
· Children and adults with a primary diagnosis of developmental disability.
HOW TO APPLY?
Schedule an appointment with your local Independent Service Coordination agency to complete the PUNS form and request their assistance in applying for the waiver.
An independent Service Coordination agency in your area can be identified at: www.dd.illinois.gov
Easterseals Joliet Region, Inc. is a licensed Child Welfare Agency through the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). The Family Support and Assistance Program is funded under the Illinois Department of Human Services for children with diagnosis of development disabilities. The Family Support and Assistance was designed to provide services to children in their natural environment.