Easterseals Central Illinois is working towards a future where every child is
100% Included. 100% Empowered.
In addition to our programs, Easterseals is a resource in our community for fostering inclusion in every aspect of life and supporting the families we serve.
- The Autism Collective- The Autism Collective, currently a collaboration of Easterseals Central Illinois and OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois, is working to end the isolation felt by those living with autism by uniting experts and connecting families. We coordinate early identification, diagnosis, therapy, services and support close to home – while collaborating and innovating to improve treatment, communication and quality of life. The Autism Collective is a relentless champion for every person living with autism.
- Care Coordination
- Disability Awareness Program
- Family Navigation
- Parent/Caregiver Support
Additional Resources for families in Central Illinois
Adovates for Access - Peoria - Advocates for Access advocates for social change to allow greater integration of persons with disabilities into mainstream life.
Center for Independent Living - Bloomington - The Center For Independent Living empowers individuals with disabilities by sharing the tools needed to take control of one's own life.
HOI 211 - Heart of Illinois 2-1-1 is a partnership between Heart of Illinois United Way and Advanced Medical Transport of Central Illinois.
IL Action for Children - Understanding the IL Early Childhood system
- Being Flexible
- Personal Space
- Sleeping on my own
- Wearing a mask
- Telehealth social story
At home activities
- 5 ways to use a blanket for sensory fun
- Indoor gross motor activities + Video
- Strategies for speech development on walks
- Strategies for speech development while doing laundry
- Get in the ZONE: Helping Children Manage Big Feelings
- Sound Effect Checklist
- Play and Language
- 4t's of tummy time
- How To Incorporate Yoga Into The Home Environment
- Easterseals Window Sign coloring sheet
- Infant Massage Stroke Sequence Video
- Tips fo the 'No' Phase
- Tips for Staying Intouch with Distant Family and Friends
- 5 Simple Ways To Establish A Routine At Home
- How to support your child's work time at home
- Strategies to use when your child refuses to work
- Toy Rotation
External Resources Recommended By Our Therapist
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- The Autism Helper
- Sesame Street on Comfort
- National Institute of Mental Health
- EI Clearing House