In the words of Edgar "Daddy" Allen, founder of Easter Seals, "We have but one life. We get nothing out of that life except by putting something into it. To relieve suffering, to help the unfortunate, to do kind acts and deeds is, after all, the one sure way to secure happiness or to achieve real success. Your life and mine shall be valued not by what we take...but by what we give."
How can I help?
We’re always on the lookout for an extra pair of hands, whether it is utilizing your professional skills, helping out at special events and with our clients, or any other talent you can provide. Some of our events are great for groups as well.
There’s a few ways in which you can become an Easter Seals Central Texas volunteer:
- Dia de los Muertos Festival in October
- Back to School Fair in August
- Photos with Santa in December
Ongoing Direct Client Service Opportunities
- Play Groups
- Sib Kids Club
- Infant Massage
- Graphic Design
- Web design
How do I register?
Below are the steps to registering as a volunteer for Easter Seals Central Texas.
- Visit GivePulse, our volunteer management partner www.givepulse.com and search for Easter Seals Central Texas. You will see a list of all of our current and upcoming volunteering opportunities.
- Click on the name of the volunteer opportunity you are interested in. There you will see all the information about the volunteer opportunity and requirements*.
- Click on the Register button and then create your GivePulse profile (if you don’t already have one). Then follow the steps to register for the volunteer opportunity.
- The staff member in charge of the volunteer opportunity will be in touch with our volunteer application forms or you can download them from GivePulse.
*As part of our application process, certain volunteer opportunities with direct service contact with our clients require us to:
- Perform criminal history background checks and/or fingerprinting on volunteer applicants as needed; and turn away volunteers with certain criminal backgrounds
- Require all volunteers who may come in contact with our clients to have an up-to-date clean Tuberculosis (TB) test on file
- Any volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Easter Seals Central Texas accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels of the organization and within appropriate programs and activities. Volunteers are viewed as a valuable resource.