For Immediate Release
CoVID 19 Update - June 15, 2020
June 15, 2020
Since the beginning of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, our top priority has been to ensure the protection and safety of all. As we continue to monitor the ongoing spread of the Coronavirus, we want to ensure everyone who relies on our services that we are following the suggestions of local, state and federal government to mitigate the impact of COVID-19. With that in mind, as we enter the Green Phase, Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania (ESWCPA) has adjusted the closures of our facilities and program s as noted below:
- Linda Lanham Zeszutek Approved Private Schools – For all three Locations the last day of virtual school was June 4th. The Extended SchoolYear (ESY) summer program starts July 6th with virtual education being offered through learning packets, s, zoom education and conference calls with parent. Preparing for return to schools in the Fall.
- Disability Awareness Program - closed for balance of 2019-2020 academic school year
- Residential -Individuals are remaining home until local day programing reopens (no date has been announced), but are starting to participate in community activities again (ie going to the store with staff, going to get ice cream, etc). Have completed two rounds of orientation - one via zoom, the second in person while maintaining masking and social distancing
- State College Child Development Center – The Child Development Center reopened May 11, 2020. Summer camp is still kicking off June 22, 2020.
- State College Child Development Summer Camps – Will follow regulations dictated from OCDEL/DHS
- Hearing and Speech Services - The Johnstown office is providing virtual speech therapy. The Audiology Department is open for all services with adherence to CDC guidelines. The Somerset office is closed until further notice.
- Adult Day Services – Tentatively re-opening is June, 22, 2020, with reduced attendance, masks required, social distancing and additional safety protocols. Currently offering virtual services M-F from 10-11 AM and 1-2 PM.
- PennDot Photo License Centers – Location Update - Erie opened May 8, 2020; Bedford Photo Center will open June 26, 2020. All other locations reopened May 12, 2020. Some locations have reduced hours or changes in staffing per PennDot guidelines . We will continue to follow governor’s guidelines, which may vary by county
- Federal Contracts – No change
- Residential camps have been cancelled or postponed until the fall months
- Project Beacon – The Spring session has been rescheduled for September 25th-27th at a location to be determined
- The Afterschool Program will reopen with the 2020-2021 academic school year
- York and Cumberland Day Camps - Continue as scheduled at this time, but are subject to change following CDC guidelines
- Community Based Recreational Programs - Following Federal and State recommendations as to when these programs can be held. Will also depend on the facility policies as well
- Charter school – Therapy currently being provided virtually
- Nursery Screening Program - Closed for the balance of 2019-2020 academic school year
- Access Evaluations – On hold until further notice
- Interpreting Services will continue to schedule appointments and are providing services virtually
- Events in the five divisions - Many events tentatively delayed and are being rescheduled. Refer to Easterseals website for updates or check with the sponsoring division holding for specifics – numbers are listed below
The decision to reopen/close programs and services will depend on the circumstances at that time. Our commitment is for the safety of our community, consumers, their families, our associates and staff. We will remain vigilant and respond as appropriate to this fluid, evolving situation with rapidly changing news and emerging information.
For those who receive Easterseals services at any of our divisions and require an update, please contact us at the following numbers:
Pittsburgh Division - (412) 281-7244
York Division - (717) 741-3891
State College Division - (814) 689-1911
Johnstown Division - (814) 535-5508
Franklin Division - (814) 437-3071
ESWCPA thanks its clients and hope they and their families remain informed and safe. For more information about COVID-19, visit www.cdc.gov. For additional links to resources provided by the State of Pennsylvania visit, HERE.
About Easterseals: For 101years, Easterseals has been the indispensable resource for people and families challenged by disability. Now, as America faces a broad range of new issues, EWSCPA makes a major, positive life-changing difference in the lives of people and families challenged by today’s disabilities. The work we do every day is redefining disability for the 21st Century.
For more information on Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania, please contact Lori McCann, Vice President, Development at 412-281-7244 x 1272 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.