Licensed Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Full-time FULL_TIME ; posted: Tuesday, Jun 21 2022
Easterseals Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Send resume to:
1217 W Houston Ave
McAllen, Texas 78501 US
Phone: (956) 631-9171
Under the direct supervision of the ECI Program Manager and general supervision of the Director of Program Services, the Speech/Language Pathologist is responsible for the implementation of a progressive Speech Language Pathology program in the organization.
1. Evaluate, report and administer therapy conferring with assigned patients and/or family regarding therapy needs and interpretation.
2. Develop individual family service plans (IFSP) for Early Childhood Intervention Program patients, and for the IEP in the school setting.
3. Coordinate and carry out all student training and clinical evaluation programs in the field of Speech Pathology and therapy maintaining communication with college or university for direction.
4. Direct and train staff and volunteers in the Speech and Language Department and cooperate in multidisciplinary aspects of program, working as one discipline of the team for the rehabilitation of the “whole patient”.
5. Assure that all scheduled patients are seen. Work with Supervisor and team members to ensure efficiency level at all times.
6. Supervise CFY candidates after they have held the Certificate of Competence (C.C.C.) for two years.
7. Maintain current professional license and follow all requirements as outlined by state of the licensing board.
8. Participate in monthly chart audits, patient staffing, and quality assurance program.
9. Regular attendance is a core component of the job description, as well as, strict adherence to scheduled work hours.
Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited school.
One to three years of experience in the field of Speech/Language Pathology with children.
Previous experience with the ECI Program and Outpatient Services preferred.
3. Certification with, American Speech/Hearing Association (ASHA).
4. Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with proven comfort level with public presentations
5. Good time management skills, excellent follow through abilities and detail oriented.
6. Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
7. Bilingual capabilities desired.
8. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
• Physical Requirements:
o This is a largely sedentary role; however, filing, driving, walking, standing and climbing of stairs may be required. Must be able to lift 20 to 25 pounds, some squatting, stooping, reaching, standing, twisting, as dealing with infants and their families in natural environments, reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling, ability to read typewritten material and computer monitor under typical office conditions.